- Navigate to Administration > Authentication > User Management.
- Click the Users tab.
- Click Download.
NOTE: You cannot import the downloaded file because it uses a different format. The file that you import must be in the same format as the sample CSV file provided when you click Sample Import CSV file.
- Go to Administration > Authentication > User Management.
- Click Sample Import CSV file to download the user information template.
- Enter your user information in the CSV file template in the following format to ensure that the service successfully imports the CSV file:
- The file name must have a .csv extension.
- The first line of the file is the header row.
- Enter one of the following for Action:
- + (plus sign) to add a new user. When adding a user, Email-ID, User Name, Dept, and Group must be filled in. A user can belong to up to 128 groups.
- - (minus sign) to delete a user. When deleting a user, only Email-ID is required.
- The password can be left blank, if you don’t want to upload passwords in clear text. You can use One-Time Passwords to enable users to log in and set passwords.
- Each user must be on a separate line.
- Each user's email address must have a domain name that was defined in the portal. If the authentication method is one-time token or one-time link, then either this field or the Temp auth email field must contain a valid email address.
- The temporary email address can specify any domain. This is used if the authentication method is a one-time token or one-time link. It can have any domain name, but it must be a valid email address.
- Once you have the CSV file in the correct format, click Import.
- From the Import Users window, select or deselect Overwrite Existing Entries:
- Select this option if you want to update some of your existing users’ profiles, profiles (for example, group information, password, or departments) as well as add new users. The service replaces any user in your existing table with the identical end user data in the import file. The "overwrite" function does not overwrite your entire user database. It overwrites only the users who are in the database and in the import file.
- Deselect this option if you want to simply add all the users in the import file. If there are identical users in the database and the import file, the service returns an error stating that identical users could not be imported. Browse to the file that contains your list of users and delete the duplicate users.
- Click Choose file, and navigate to the CSV file you want to import.
- Click Import.
The service displays the import results. If it failed to import certain records, the service includes these details in the results.
Click Sample Import CSV file to download the sample CSV file. Use it as a template to enter your user information and ensure that the format of your entries is correct before importing the CSV file.