Click to watch a video about Virtual ZENs, including how to add a VZEN instance.
Configuring a VZEN instance is one of the tasks you must complete when deploying VZEN Clusters for production. See How do I configure VZEN Clusters? for the full list of tasks.
To add a VZEN instance, follow the instructions below.
- Go to Administration > Virtual ZENs.
- Click Add Virtual ZEN and do the following:
- Enter the VZEN Name.
- In Virtual ZEN Type, select a VZEN subscription type, based on the amount of traffic that the VZEN will process. Note that the VZENs in a cluster must be all the same type.
Zscaler shows the total and available subscriptions of each VZEN type.
You can upgrade a small-sized VZEN to a medium or large at any time. The upgraded VZEN picks up the new sku in five (5) minutes.
- The default Status is Enabled.
- In the Proxy IP Address field, enter the IP address to which you’ll forward traffic. Enter the corresponding Subnet Mask.
- Enter the IP address of the Default Gateway to the Internet.
- The default deployment mode is Cluster, which is the only mode that Zscaler supports in production environments. If you are adding a VZEN for testing purposes, select Standalone.
- If the deployment mode is Cluster, enter the Load Balancer IP Address.
- Click Save to close the dialog.
- Add at least one more VZEN instance if you are deploying a cluster. See How do I create a VZEN Cluster?
- Activate the changes.